Women’s Fashion How To Organize Your Closet
Posted on January 07 2021
The New Year is the perfect time to start fresh and de-clutter your closet. Here are 6 tips that will help you get started.
Choosing what to wear each day should be effortless and these simple steps will allow you to unleash your inner fashionista with ease!
- One of the most important principles in closet organizing to hang clothes using simple systems that you can easily maintain for the long-term. For example, group all tops together, all pants together, all dresses together, and color-code each category. This makes it easy to find particular items when you need them.
- Matching hangers, shoe boxes, and containers will transform your closet visually and make you more motivated to maintain the space. We also suggest having extra hangers on-hand at all times for new purchases or items that have just returned from the dry cleaner. This uniformity will eliminate visual clutter within the space, making it feel instantly neater.
- Divide your closet into zones with a designated category for each: shoes, accessories, dresses, gym clothes etc. This forces your brain to make the connection quickly of where to find each item and you’ll know exactly where to return it when you’re done.
- The eye-level racks, rods, and shelves are where your everyday life occurs, so store most used clothing, shoes, and accessories here. The upper shelves all the way to the ceiling act as your ‘attic’ where you should keep infrequently used pieces and mementos.
- If you have at least 12 inches of space between shelves, that’s an opportunity to add in an extra shelf for more storage. If you have a lot of tall boots, move the shelves up so they fit. If you have mostly folding clothing move them down so the stacks don’t become unwieldy and topple over.
- Feel free to move outside the confines of the closet walls. If you have a nearby nook or wall space, use it for added storage or set up a dressing area with a mirror and small table. If there are items that won’t fit in your closet or dresser, we suggest making use of under the bed storage as well.
Try these easy tips and find out firsthand how de-cluttering not only helps you find your lost treasure of a sweater but can actually help with your productivity and overall good mood!